Purchase the recorded webinar of the ‘Talking Sex in The Therapy Room’ session. Details of the webinar content below:
Is sex the elephant in the room which neither therapist or client will mention? Is this due to your own views and experience with sex and sexuality? Lack of accurate knowledge? Clues are often offered by clients, to check the Therapist’s comfort level. Become comfortable, raising a conversation about sex with clients.
Perhaps only 20% of clients actually need a Psychosexual Therapist and most sexual issues can be addressed by counsellors who are comfortable with the issues and subject matter. Become one of them.
The day will offer participants an opportunity to….
- Learn to hold and continue the conversation about sex with confidence
- Increase your knowledge base about sex, dispel myths and ensure accurate knowledge that you can then use in a psycho-educational imparting of knowledge to clients
- Consider possible interventions, which you can use at a level within your increased competency and know when to sign post on.
- Use skills and tools for effective interventions to improve sexual wellbeing.
- Gain a solid understanding of healthy sexuality and sexual function.
- Understand the common sexual dysfunctions.
- Undertake and initiate an assessment for intervention in a dysfunction and to be able to treat or to refer on. Know where to go for more information when needed.
- Learn what a Psychosexual Therapists does? Is there some work that you can do and what?
- When to refer to a Psychosexual Therapist and understand their work with clients.
Who should attend the workshop?
All Therapists, counsellors, youth leaders, Pastoral workers and anyone who come across issues of sex in their work or do not know whether sex is unspoken (but is in the room) and want to become knowledgeable to work with the issues up to a level.
You now get to benefit from this Training day presentation, which you can watch and absorb at your leisure for a fee of £125